Doctrine and Covenants 4:3

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work" -Doctrine and Covenants 4:3

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Merry Christmas, and News of the Week! Dec. 28, 2015

12/28/15
Hello Everyone! 
Merry Christmas!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and were able to feel the love of our Savior at this time of the year. I spent it with some wonderful families. We were even able to teach 3 lessons on Christmas Eve, and one on Christmas Day! My sweet companion made breakfast for me on Christmas morning.

On the 22nd we had a Christmas party as a mission!! My favorite part of it was the traditional movie. We watched "The Polar Express" at *drumroll* THE MOVIE THEATER!!!! It was so weird to be there as a mission. All of the Sisters sat in the front section, then the Elders sat in the back. You know you're a missionary when:
Santa says "The First Gift of Christmas!!" and immediately half the theater goes: "Was not wrapped, had no bow, was not purchased online, or in a store..." (See https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-00-1460-he-is-the-gift?lang=eng if you have no idea what I'm referencing) 
When the little girl in the movie gets her ticket hole-punched to say "LEADER", 3 or 4 Sisters shouted out "STL!" 
It was a lot of fun. (awkward picture at the party)

BIGGEST NEWS OF THE WEEK:

As much as I really don't want to have to type this, I probably should. My mission president, President Killpack, called me on Christmas Eve. I was informed that due to my persisting medical conditions (seizures), I will be honorably released at the end of this transfer. I'll admit it, that literally floored me. I dropped to my knees and bawled like a baby. And for those of you who know me well, know I don't cry. However, there is only one thing I want more than to continue serving as a full-time missionary, and that is to follow the will of the Lord. I know that the missionary board works with revelation, so God wants me to go home. That is His will. So if any of you have a problem with it, take it up with Him. ;)  So I will, as of January 13th, be an honorably returned missionary. My one request is that you treat me like one. I honestly would love to stay and continue serving, but I served for the full time that I was called for. My mission call said "It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 3 months." I have learned and grown, just as any other return missionary. I love my mission and the opportunity to serve. I have stories and experiences and scriptures. I am not returning early. Anyways......
I will probably stay at home for a few weeks, then I will probably move to work again until school starts. I'm excited to see what God has in store for me.

Other exciting things of the week!!
The Larsen kids got baptized!! It was so cool to be there to see them FINALLY get to enter the waters of baptism. I love those kids! I went on a split with a recently returned Sister who has been home for 17 days. We had a lot of fun. 

I love this Gospel, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to share it every single day. I encourage you all to pick something to work on that will bring you closer to the Lord Jesus Christ. There's a great (and HILARIOUS) video perfect for New Years. 
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2010-12-21-new-years-look-not-behind-thee?lang=eng

I love you all, and am thankful for your love and support.
Love, 
Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment