Doctrine and Covenants 4:3

"Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work" -Doctrine and Covenants 4:3

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

First Week of 2016!

Hola!!!

First off, Happy New Year!! We found out last minute that we would be on “lockdown” for New Years, so we spent it with our District in a chapel. But that day was a little crazy to begin with. We first had a lesson with Myshima…..WHO IS GETTING BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY!!!!!!  I forgot to write that in my email last week. It was a super spiritual lesson. She was talking about how she hadn't received her answer yet.....but then basically bore her testimony to us. Sister Ortiz said "I think you've received your answer". Then I flat out asked her: "Myshima, do you know the Church is true?". Not your general question, but she sheepishly said "yes". We're super excited for her. Anyways, New Year’s Eve we had a lesson with her…and she majorly dropped a bomb on us. She wasn’t sure why we should live one of the commandments, which, admittedly, was a problem we hadn’t run into before, with anyone. We explained God’s love for us, and why we need to see others as our brothers and sisters. That helped her realize the importance of all of God’s commandments, and she committed to live it. We then had a super quick lunch with Darcy and Jonathan. We love them! But because of Myshima’s more-complicated-then-planned lesson, we were running late for our training at the Provo City Center Temple. Then we tried every single parking garage but the right one, and I ended up getting blood all over everything. Needless to say, it was an adventure. But I got a couple band-aids, we got to see the temple (GORGEOUS! Lds.org has tickets open now….and they’re going fast, so make sure you get them if you want to see the temple!) , and everything worked out.


That meeting with all the sisters from Provo and Orem went well, but it ran over, so we ended up getting to the chapel for New Years at 6 instead of 5. Oh well, we tried. We watched “Ephraim’s Rescue” with our district. We’re the only companionship of sisters, and there’s a companionship of British Elders in our district, so it was really fun to watch it. They kept saying “what kind of accent is that?!”. Funny thing is, one’s from the North, and one’s from the South, so they have very different accents from each other. We gained an appreciation for the pioneers, and learned not to complain when our feet turn blue, because they’re not black and dead yet!! It made us stop complaining when we walk now. Good lessons to be learned. Are you prepared to go now?

I also was an Hermana for a day! Because my companion is an STL, I went to the Spanish area and served there for a day. I can understand a ton in spanish now....but I still speak almost nothing. I could testify though, and most of the people we taught understood English, so I could bear my testimony on the subject in English. I dreamed in spanish that night. :)

Well, this email has already rambled on, but I do have to share how cool having a VIP week at the temple is. WE SAW PRESIDENT RUSSELL M. NELSON YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!  Elder Oaks and Bishop Causse were also there. I didn’t get to see Elder Oaks though. We get to take our investigators, less actives, and recent converts through the temple before the general public, which is a special opportunity. I love this gospel!! The Church is true!!

For those of you who’ve asked about my plans: I am going to be returning home next Thursday, speaking in church on the 17th, then hopefully moving back to Arizona soon after. I will attend BYU-I in the fall, majoring in paramedicine. Of course, all of these plans are subject to change, depending on what the Lord wants. :)
Thank you all for your support!!

Love you all!!
Sister Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment